Study skills tutors offer students assistance in a variety of areas, including strengthening your time management skills, note taking tips, how to properly email your professors and/or teaching assistants, as well as tone your study habits. Study skills tutoring is located alongside course-based tutoring in the Learning Studio (William Johnston Building, ground floor room G051) during our normal open hours (see our contact page). Study skills tutors are available by appointment or walk-in.
To make an appointment online, please follow this link to access the Campus Connect platform. Spring 2021 tutoring appointments will begin January 11, 2021. If you need assistance or do not have access to Campus Connect, please call our front desk at (850) 645-9151 and one of our student assistants will be happy to make an appointment for you.
Some examples of what study skills tutors can offer assistance in are:
- Strengthen time management skills
- Learn new study strategies
- Learn how to properly send emails to professors/teaching assistants
- Incorporate good note taking skills into your classes
- Create a weekly schedule to help you balance and keep track of your class work, as well as your other responsibilities
Still don’t know what you want to talk about with your study skills tutor? Consider one of the following topics to discuss with your study skills tutor based on the academic calendar:
- Weeks 1-3: Get organized for your semester!
- Week 4: Communicating with professors and TAs
- Weeks 5-7: Preparing for your first tests
- Weeks 8-9: Managing projects and papers
- Weeks 10-11: Clearing holds and registering for classes
- Week 12: Calculating your course grades and semester GPA
- Weeks 13-16: Preparing for finals