Study skills tutors offer students assistance in a variety of areas such as strengthening your time management, course notes, and test preparation skills; learning more effective study and motivation strategies; and addressing your anxiety, stress, or procrastination. Study skills tutoring is located alongside course-based tutoring in the Learning Studio (William Johnston Building, ground floor room G051) during our normal open hours. Study skills tutors are available by appointment or walk-in. If you need assistance or do not have access to Campus Connect, please call our front desk at (850) 645-9151 and one of our student assistants will be happy to make an appointment for you.
How can a Study Skills Tutor (SST) help me?
Study Skills Tutors can help you with a wide range of academic and personal success skills:
- Strengthen time management skills
- Develop good note taking skills
- Learn techniques to maximize your study time
- Incorporate strategies to address anxiety, stress, and motivation
- Use online resources to calculate your course grades and GPA
- Discuss appropriate communication with professors/teaching assistants
- Create a weekly schedule to accomplish your activities and responsibilities
- Explore test preparation strategies to reduce stress and ace your exam
- Discover other campus resources and services for your needs, activities, and responsibilities