ACE offers group tutoring, for a variety of subjects, led by ACE tutors.These sessions are to answer student questions for the course so please come prepared with notes and questions. Please read our "Frequently Asked Questions" section below to learn more about our group tutoring sessions. For upcoming events, please see the calendar below.
Weekly math group tutoring:
|All Sessions will be held in WJB Unless Otherwise Mentioned|
Group Tutoring Calendar
- Q: What should I do to prepare for the group session?
- A: Compile a list of questions that you have about the material in the course and bring notes that you have. Also make sure to bring something to take notes with during the session.
- Q: What type of material will be covered?
- A: The tutor will discuss whatever material attendees bring in the form of questions that are pertinent to the course and that may appear on an upcoming test.
- Q: What courses are offered for group tutoring?
- A: The courses we offer are constantly changing but you can check out our calendar higher up on this page to see what sessions are scheduled. You can also check out the Past Recordings drop down on this page to see recordings of sessions held earlier this semester.
- Q: Do I need to sign-up?
- A: No, just show up at the ACE Learning Studio prior to the start of the session (William Johnston Building Ground Floor, Room G051) and you will be directed to check-in. Make sure to arrive early to ensure you get a spot as seating is limited.
- Q: Where do I go for group tutoring?
- A: Check-in at the ACE Learning Studio (WJB G051) prior to the start of the session to be directed to the correct room.
- Q: What if I want to attend but cannot make it at that time?
- A: We are currently testing our ability to record sessions and livestream sessions. When these features are available, you will be able to watch previous sessions and use Skype for Business (Note: You will need to install Skype for Business on your phone or computer) to attend live sessions remotely.